.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sunglasses


Collecting sunglasses is one of my vices. I think I have already bought about ten pairs of Ray Ban sunglasses, since I bought my first pair. I have lost more than two pairs already and oh well, that's life.

I don't go for copies or fake pairs even if they are much cheaper. I go for the real and authentic pairs. Expensive but authentic indeed.The most expensive pair of sunglasses that I possess is a pair of Cartier.It was my favorite until I got my new pair.

My recent splurge is a pair of authentic Gucci 2775 brown/gold sunglasses which my sister bought for me when she was in the US. Regular price of this pair is about US$350 and I got mine at a bargain!

It is hard to find pretty branded sunglasses here in Bohol. I can't just buy any pair that looks pretty on the webpages in on-line stores. The right pair must be tried on. So, what I do is I try on as many sunglasses as I can everytime I go to Cebu City (which I do at least once a month due to my doctoral classes) , at optical shops at SM City Cebu and Ayala Shopping Center Cebu. Once I found a nice pair, I write down the brand, model number and price of the one that looks good on me. Then, I look for it on the Internet and get to find the one at the least price.

I browsed my favorite on-line store Amazon.com and of course Ebay.com and finally found the one at a good deal. I emailed my sister (who was in the US then) the link of the item that I found and asked her to buy it for me. Since the item is breakable, I don't want it shipped direct to Bohol. I asked my sister to have it shipped to my friend in San Francisco, USA, who was coming to the Philippines that time. Bohol wasn't my friend's first stop when he arrived in the Philippines so I asked another friend to pick up my Gucci sunglasses from my friend who was staying at the Manila Penninsula. And I was so excited, like a little girl excited about her new toy, when I finally got hold of my pretty pair of Gucci sunglasses.

Now, I am looking at another pair -- a pair of black Versace 4070 with swarovski crystals. Well, I still have to work harder to earn more Internet income for me to be able to afford another pair of expensive signature sunglasses.

No comments: