.

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Former Superwoman


In my About Me portion, it says there "A self-confessed Internet addict and a former superwoman". I am actually an Internet addict and I am not ashamed of that because I have learned to make use of the Internet in better ways. But the "former superwoman" thing, I am sure you are wondering what is the story behind that.

I am a working mom with three wonderful kids. Being a mom would really make one a superwoman, right? When my kids were still growing, I had yayas for each one of them, I had house helpers to do the house chores for me and so on. However, came the time when house helpers became so rare and if I am able to get one or two, they don't stay with us forever. They also have their own reasons of leaving. But mind you, I am a very good "amo".

Well, one day I decided not to cry anymore everytime a house helper goes home or leave. I told myself "why would I cry over such situation? Who are they by the way that they would make me feel mesirable?", "why do people living abroad can live without these house helpers around?". Since then, I declared myself to be a superwoman.

I do most of the stuffs at home, although my husband and kids help around too. Cooking, cleaning, dishwashing, etc.... are a routine. And in addition to this, I do report to office also. That stint as a superwoman went on for about 3 or 4 years. However, something happened in 2003 (watch out for this in my future blogs) that stopped me from being a superwoman.

Now, being a former superwoman, I am back to having house helpers around to do most of the stuffs here at home. But, I decided to keep the things I enjoy doing - cooking (I do it most of the time) and shopping.

Being a superwoman was something but being a FORMER superwoman is even something else.

No comments: