.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Family Pictures

My parents recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and it was a great opportunity for all of us to be together again to bond with my parents in this very special event of our lives. My brothers and sister who now live in other countries came home just for the occasion.

Having moments like this again, made me recall of the times when our family was still young and we were still small and few. This could be better presented through our family pictures which were taken during different times.

This family picture was taken sometime in 1966. I am the one seated on my mother's lap. We were only six children then. Some years later, the family grew in numbers.





















This picture was taken sometime in 1994, a few months after I gave birth to my youngest son (he is 14 years old now). This picture must have been taken during my father's birthday anniversary.
















We decided to have a picture taken with all of us in white tops and jeans, very casual. My youngest brother, who recently got hooked in photography hobby, took this picture at my sister's house yard.


















The succeeding pictures were taken during the golden wedding ceremonies, in Ubay , Bohol and in Tagbilaran City. The family members has indeed grown in number, kids have grown bigger and we have matured, since my parents started a family by sealing their love in three wedding ceremonies 50 years ago.



1 comment:

Dine Racoma said...

i too unearthed old photographs together with my kids--and what fun they had. good we have a good quality scanner, now it is highly used.

and i am happy for you--your parents had their golden anniversary. my parents would have had their 51st last 8 june, but my dad died 8 years ago.

take care