.

Sunday, May 6, 2007

A Learning Experience


This summer has been a very busy season for me. Me and my husband have to wake up very early each morning to catch up with the first campaign activity of the day - the 'house-to-house',which starts at 6 o'clock in the morning. In the afternoons and evenings, we also have to attend campaign sessions at different barangays in the city.

The campaign activities has been a very good learning experience for me and my husband since through these, we are able to meet a lot of people from all walks of life and we get to visit places in the city where we haven't even visited ever since we lived in the city.

It is always a humbling experience for me to meet the urban poor. I get to see how they live and how they look living in their simple lives. The more I see people like them, the more my heart is touched, moved and encouraged that I need to work harder and so my share of doing something to help them live better lives.

When I see the kids, I see their innocent happy faces. They look so naive but yet these little creatures are the future of our country. They are the ones who must be given priority in the government's thrust and programs - that would help them live better lives and brighter future.

The more I am involved in this campaign, the more I learn what the people need most and the more I come to think how they can be helped.

No comments: