.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Christmas Tree

Christmas is never the same without a Christmas tree. It is one of the Christmas symbols.


The Legend of the First Christmas Tree

The night of the Saviour's birth, all the living creatures, both flora and fauna, came to Bethlehem with gifts. The olive tree brought its fruit and the palm its dates. But the little fir tree had no gift and was so tired it couldn't resist when the big trees pushed it into the background and hid it from view. But then a nearby angel took pity and commanded a cluster of stars to come and rest on its delicate boughs. When the Baby Jesus beheld this lovely lighted tree, He smiled and blessed it, declaring henceforth that fir trees should always be filled with lights at Christmastime to please little children. (from www.morning-glow.com)

My Tree

My Christmas tree was bought about five (5) years ago at more or less P4,000.00 from the local store here in Tagbilaran City. It's an 8-foot tree. At this time, a tree as big as this is now more expensive than what it was priced some years ago.

Some trimmings that are decorated on my tree are recycled ones. Although, I had to buy some more trimmings this year since some of the once I had before are no longer pretty. With the current high prices of items now, I spent more than P3,000.00 for the trimmings and the lights alone.

It's been our tradition that the my children help in putting the trimmings on the tree. And as usual, it is my youngest son who gets the honor of putting the 'star' on top of the tree.

No comments: